Welcome to Ostheim/Rhön, a centre of culture and activities
Ostheim/Rhön, the centre of culture and activities, is situated in the heart of Germany and in the midst of the Rhön, a charming highlands landscape.
Together with the villages of Urspringen and Oberwaldbehrungen, which are administered by Ostheim, Ostheim offers great possibilities for relaxation and vacation in the Rhön.
Traval guides readily mention Ostheim as “Pearl of the river Streu” or as “A Rothenburg at the river Streu”. Situated in the upper valley of the Streu the city of Ostheim ( 3. 800 inhabitants) represents the gate to the eastern foot-hills of the High Rhön in the three-state corner of Bavaria, Hesse and Thuringia near the Kreuzberg mountain and the Wasserkuppe mountain.
Modern touristic enterprises such as hotels and restaurants look forward to your visit. Overnight accommodations include “Holiday on a farm”, holiday flats, boarding-houses and interesting hotels with comfort.
Many sights and monuments await your visit:
- the largest church-citadel in Germany
- a hydrographic teaching path at and even in the river Streu and the Weyershauk nature reserve
- the unique organ mannfacture museum in the Hanstein castle
- the Lichtenburg castle with restaurant high above Ostheim
- old aristocratic courts and framework houses
- a historic steam-engine trip in sommer
- unique footpaths and Nordic walking paths in the BIONADE activity park
Web Cam Ostheim- view into Marktstraße (the main street)